Roma!


Advertisement
Europe
August 12th 2009
Published: August 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Grazie!!!! for reading this blog...I am now in the beautiful country on Italia!

So, there was something in Nice that I forgot to mention. The beach was not, was not!, a nude beach. However, there were a good portion of old, overtanned moms who decided it was best to keep their shirts off. It was really funny cuz we were just standing on the beach, and didnt notice, and then Tiffany says under her breath..."Myles, tits...tits...". I was like "Where!" lol. Also, everyone, including old people and young children are tanned for head to toe in Nice...We felt like the palest people in the entire city! It was fascinating to see everyone so tan, but I think it was sort of sad too, because these little kids could be getting skin cancer and they dont even know it yet.

(As a side note, pardon if I have messed up punctuation, I am having trouble finding everything on this Italian keyboard) :P

Anywho, as I last said, we took a eight hour long train to Roma from Nice, which was actually not too bad, because we were able to sleep for a portion, and two very pretty Italian girls and their mother sat in our six seat section of the train. We were glad for that because in another portion there was a homeless person sleeping :P. Also, we took some French snacks on the train as well, such as a bag of crossaints, some chips with happy faces in them, and um....7-up and Pringles...but those were good too.

Which actually reminds me...I just bought the hugest Gatorade bottle ever at this Italian shop...we figured we would be thirsty and it was cheap so...yeah!

Anyways, we arrived at our hostel around 3:00 oclock-ish, and showered and got ready to go out, cuz we were pretty gnarly after that long train ride starting at 5:00 in the morning. Afterwards, we took the metro to the Colleseum (sp), which is maybe the coolest thing I have ever seen. We didnt feel like standing in line, so we also explored some ruins and bought a 4 euro!!!! bottle of gatorade...that was warm and we finished in about two seconds...so that sucked...But we had some delicious square shaped pizza and headed home...

We have four roomates, which kinda sucks, but they are nice....One is a guy who is a very talkative Australian, who apparently just travels all over the world, without an iternary. We also have a
Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb