Day 11 - Arden - Glencoe (counties?)


Advertisement
Europe
June 3rd 2008
Published: June 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Loch Lomond in morning lightLoch Lomond in morning lightLoch Lomond in morning light

Taken from YH bathroom
The day began with a misty morning over the now mysterious-looking Loch Lomond. We cycled along its shores for many a mile, barely seeing a soul.

A steep, long ascent took us into the Highlands, and would you believe it, the sun came out. We weaved our way through the mountains, following the paths of the rivers and streams, as many a Highlander must have done over the centuries. And as most of the World Mountain Bike Championship (held in Fort William this coming weekend) vans were also doing.

The views were quite simply breath-taking. When we find a computer where it's possible to do more than type, we hope to share some with you. Huge mountains loom overhead, lochs sparkle in the sunshine, heather sways in the breeze. And the road goes on.

All the way to Glencoe, through a gap in the mountains, down a steep descent, by the Three Sisters. In the hostel and nearby pub - Clachaig Inn, we met some fellow End to Enders. Some we'd seen before, but not for many a mile. Some were going JO'G-LE, taking in the three peaks too. Maybe next time...

66 miles, lots of photos.
On the banks of Loch LomondOn the banks of Loch LomondOn the banks of Loch Lomond

Ben investigates...
The best day so far. Yorkshire Dales is probably second.

Thanks for all your comments by the way. We've enjoyed reading them - sorry we haven't had chance to reply individually.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Ben at speedBen at speed
Ben at speed

Ben racing a motor bike down a very long, fast hill. With a glorious back-drop
Gareth with bikesGareth with bikes
Gareth with bikes

Between Loch Lomond and Glencoe
A long roadA long road
A long road

With breath-taking views
MidgesMidges
Midges

The walls and ceiling of our room were also like this. Makes you itch just looking at it.


Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb