Modica and Ragusa actually....


Advertisement
Europe
October 26th 2007
Published: October 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Modica!Modica!Modica!

Medieval city lying in the valley!
Got up early to catch a bus to Modica today!
This was the favourite city of 2 girls in the house so I think it must be gooood! and also, they still have traditional chocolate shop which made chocolate in its ancient way!!!!

So, got there, beautiful little town...walked up and this town had 2 very nice churches.....its basically a town in a narrow valley...besides the main road..everything was on a slope and all those stairs!!!! haaaaa...
very pleasant walk....not much to see though. So, got the chocolate...YUM!^^ then headed to another city, Ragusa.

Waited a long time for the bus....and it was just 30 mins away from Modica! and WOW...once the bus made a turn from behind the mountain. this old town of Ragusa (Ragusa Ibla) just off like a hilltop amazed me!! It was SO BEAUTIFUL!!! very stunning view....the medieval town..all yellowish..brownish...erected out from the green hills.....so beautiful!!!! and deep valleys around..just a narrow bridge and road connecting it to the new town of Ragusa........really loved that moment entering the city....

Anyways, got there and the bus station was FAR!!!! OMG>..lost for a while but I guess I have a really good sense of direction! haaa..I just followed a street that was kinda like the direction I saw the old town and happen to get back to the main Sq! haaaa..
Walked along the alleys and staircases leading down to the old town....very nice walk......very beautiful city...
Got to the old town and it was a dead city, coz it was their lunch break and here...they close at 1pm and open at 430pm again! such a life they have!!! ENVY!!!!!
anyways, so even the churches were closed...so was just able to walk outside and see everything from the outside...
just wandered around the neighbourhood....not exciting but very pleasant....haaaa..the end of the town is this nice park..with many old man sitting there...-__-"

After that took the bus back to the bus station and got a bus back to Catania.
Got back and the girls are having a 70s 80s home party at a friends' house! So, Jennifer made some food and Eva was all dressed up in 70s and 80s style...I have nothing to match......Jen lend me this very comfi and beautiful black dress..OMG..it was the most elegant thing I ever worn in my life after being the little flowergirl at my Aunts' wedding at the age of like....7! I loved it though....it hid all my flaws perfectly and it was comfi! HAAAAAAA!!! Though I didnt actually look so 70s80s.......
anyhow, got to the party, good food, met a few nice people...but was tired..so after a while decided to head back.....but ended up talking about Anime and going online till....now...which is LATE....-___-;


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Ragusa!!Ragusa!!
Ragusa!!

beautiful town up on a hill!!!


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb