The wrong trousers - Tavant, Loire


Advertisement
Europe
October 13th 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The wrong trousers are of course a free-living 3-piece teen band, with a great cover of "video killed the radio star" on contrabass, harp and mandolin. Be sure to google them on youtube some time, and enjoy their performance, with the sound turned up.
I'd attach a link, but can't get it to work

Anyway on the evening of our arrival we found our way into the wrong holiday apartment, which was, to put it mildly, a bit down market. Check this shot (excuse the join in the middle) of the living room. As I took it, we luxuriated on some tubular outdoor furniture, and enjoyed a view of the wine press and concrete bath on the right, camouflaged with some pot plants. On the left, some extraordinarily rickety homemade steps, and on the extreme left (sadly, pretty much out of sight) a floor-to-ceiling breeze block and plank bookcase filled with a curious mix of worthy literature (Dostoevsky, etc) and romance novelettes, pretty much all in French.

Studying the arrival map, we worked out we were supposed to be in the flat above, which is much nicer (wooden outdoor furniture). We met the owner who said she was sympathetique, but pleased we slept well. We are here for a week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb