Its beginning to look a lot like xmas


Advertisement
Europe
December 3rd 2006
Published: December 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just like in the moviesJust like in the moviesJust like in the movies

This is one of Londons open air ice skating rinks that appear over xmas. Apparently there's several of them around the city.
Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere we go....c'mon, sing it with me (actually I dont know any other words, so forget it, better stick to rudolph songs)

Last weekend London switched on around 250,000 xmas lights, so after voting in the state election (yes we voted) we walked around for several hours admiring the lights and decorations from 'The Strand', through to Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Picadilly Circus, Regent street and Oxford Street (yes we walked all that way, its surprisingly compact and easy to get around) then eventually caught the tube home.

Anyway, we stopped for a squiz at the open air ice-skating rink (its just like in the movies) tucked into an all you can eat bar (we're already fat, why stop now) then tried to justify that much food by walking it off over several hours.

London is even more fabulous at this time of year, honestly Melbournes 'Myer' windows just dont compare to the london lights. Its apparently been a very mild winter here so far, its averaging about 13c most days, so it doesnt look like they'll get snow this xmas.

I honestly cant remember if we did anything
Ahh, aint it prettyAhh, aint it prettyAhh, aint it pretty

Thats the ice skating in behind the nice big Chrissy tree.
else last weekend, I'm sure there was something, I just cant think of it, therefore I dont have anything else to write about.

This week we have a xmas party to go to with my recruitment company (all you can drink...arrgghh) and we're off to the Blackrock tennis tournament on Friday night, its supposed to be quite prestigious as its held in the Royal Albert Hall so we'll hopefully get some more pics of that (and maybe a couple of drunken pics from the xmas do).

I can not believe there's only 3 weeks til xmas, thats 3 weeks til we fly to Prague and try not to die from frost bite...woohoo!!

Take care til the next blog!






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Covent GardenCovent Garden
Covent Garden

One of my personal fave places in London, Covent Garden also had a big tree, for all the outdoor diners to admire.
Regent StRegent St
Regent St

Not bad are they!
Is that an elf???Is that an elf???
Is that an elf???

One of santas little helpers does a dance in the street!
Go HamleysGo Hamleys
Go Hamleys

Our fave toy store has gone all out with the decos!
That one is definitely an elf!That one is definitely an elf!
That one is definitely an elf!

I look like I'm about to be run over by a 'ghost' bus...what a freaky pic!
Thats what I call going nuts with the decosThats what I call going nuts with the decos
Thats what I call going nuts with the decos

I'm sorry but that can only be described as a shit-load of lights!
posersposers
posers

The guy taking this photo for us, was more worried about making sure our feet were in the pic, rather than the lights...nice job man!
More lightsMore lights
More lights

There's that freaky ghost bus again!


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb