Day 14 - still aboard


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
July 12th 2012
Published: July 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Des ResDes ResDes Res

might be quite cheap!
Well, still here despite the wettest day so far. Will it ever stop??

It's only 9.30 but we're lying here in our cosy cabin, as it's the warmest place to be (yes, headtorches on!). Have moored for the night just above Staines in a sheltered spot off the main river, so out of the full force of the strong flow. If it continues to rain, we may have to stay put tomorrow. What is there to do in Staines?

The morning was glorious so we stayed in Shepperton until after lunch, enjoying the sunshine and even managing to get our smalls dry! Then we set off, past the spot where I had the little accident (!), through Shepperton, Chertsey and Penton Hook locks, enjoying the sights along the way (well, to be honest not many out today - just the odd crazy rower or fisherman). Of course, there are always lots of bijou riverside dwellings for sale to oggle, which I love and H ignores.

Still undecided about whether to carry on once we get back to Tilehurst... will wait and see how we feel then, what the forecast is and whether our children have vacated our house yet!

Boat name of the day: Wet, Wet, Wet

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb