Crisis in the Sock department


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
July 5th 2012
Published: July 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Piccolo MondoPiccolo MondoPiccolo Mondo

Proposal site
Nearly had the Captain abandoning ship yesterday... run out of clean socks! Now, i could write tomes on my theory about men and their socks, as some of you know. I consider that 've had some success educating him over the years, it's been a struggle, but he rarely puts them on first when gettting dressed nor are they the last things to come off at night... nor does he wear them with sandals anymore! What do you think girls?! Impressed?

Anyway, yesterday, he could take it no longer. Due to the inclement weather, all socks had been worn and what was he to do tomorrow??? Not good drying weather either, but wash them we did. Hung them from the mast to dry. Think we'll be OK today 'cos sun is shining weakly through the clouds and the need for socks has diminished....phew!

So, where are we now? After H had taken me out for breakfast in Bourne End, we travelled a short distance and moored up yesterday afternoon in sunshine just below Cookham lock, in part of the river called Cliveden Reach. Hadn't intended to stay for the night, but it was so peaceful and beautiful we're still
Cliveden ReachCliveden ReachCliveden Reach

idyllic...
here. River like a millpond, H did a spot more fishing - (sadly no perch Pauline), just a few tiddlers, then after a G&T, we walked into Cookham and deposited our rubbish in the High Street... in a bin of course!

It's really been a trip down memory lane for the last few days. This is the area where we met and fell in love! Spade Oak pub (had drink there yesterday) is where we had our wedding reception, the restaurant in the photo used to be an Italian called Piccolo Mondo where H proposed...

Thanks for all your help with crossword clue... 'ribbed' was a popular reply, but haven't got the paper with answers so can't confirm! Sorry to some of you who think I'm not blogging enough... are you mad?! You've got over 4 more weeks of this - don't want to overdo it!

Winner of boat name of the day: Cirrhosis of the River.

Well, time to ablute in our luxury bathroom. We are managing to stay fresh and sweet smelling, so please come and visit... it's quite safe!

Advertisement



5th July 2012

Ah socks!
Such fond memories of sock issues! Gone are Socks and sandals absolutely! Still present regrettably ... Socks on til the bitter end !
5th July 2012

Sock tip
Next time you pack, put a sock over each bottle of wine. Not only does it protect each bottle from breaking in transit, but H gets to take more socks so he doesn't run out and storage not an issue. You could then even play a game of choose the socks - whichever you choose becomes the wine of the day! Hope you've had some lovely sun today and all those socks have dried, you might just be needing them over the weekend.
5th July 2012

wow... thanks
such a good idea! solves so many problems in one go! Practical yet enjoyable... love to Hermitage R x
6th July 2012

Romance is not dead!
How romantic - such a lovely "walk" down memory lane, although a shame that Piccolo Mondo has turned into Kong's Chinese (is that King Kong?). Hope H's socks dried, cos I think he'll be needing them today. What a washout - again - still got to better than what I'm doing. We WILL come and visit before we leave for France. x

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb