Our work here is nearly done ..........


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
September 16th 2012
Published: September 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

All of a sudden we only had a few weeks left to go, a mad rush to do all the things we had been meaning to do, and some of the things we had really enjoyed again.

Driving the Farr (a small all terrain vehicle) around the site was great fun, just got the photos done before it broke.

Jackie’s brother Nick bought Andrew and Catherine to stay for a few days and on one of them the sun came out – we went crabbing and body boarding before the inevitable happened and it started raining again. We managed several camp fires and Nick is definitely a champion camp fire cook – he can come again.

We had a lovely meal at the local pub, we had been waiting all summer for a nice evening, and a few days later fish and chips on the beach watching the sun go down – very romantic.

A couple celebrated their wedding at Graig Wen and two massive tipi's were erected on the site, there was even a camp fire in one, very unusual.

We paid a couple more visits to our favourite local beauty spot, the Cregennan Lakes, where the scenery is very spectacular and you feel as if you are right up in the mountains and on one occasion were very brave and went for a swim in the Blue Lake. This is an old quarry where the water turns a beautiful colour when the sun shines on it. We tried to go in without wet suits but it was just too cold, it was really too cold with them but it had to be done.

Autumn is very definitely on it’s way now, the berries on the rowan trees are very bright, and the leaves are on the turn, it’s time to head south – after a short holiday to recover from all this work. We will miss the friends we have made, Sarah and John, robotic Matt, Julie and Sarah and all those at knit and natter, and hope to visit soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb