Trev turns 40


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
September 13th 2012
Published: September 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So Trevor has made it to 40! Time to start planning his retirement soon.

Unfortunately we couldn’t all be together on the day, and his birthday treat also couldn’t happen until a month later, so we had to celebrate it 3 times.

Suzie came to see us just before the big day bringing wine, cake and presents – a watch with loads of gadgets – didn’t know the cycle of the moon was sooooooooooo interesting.

On the day itself we caught the steam train at Porthmadog and travelled to Caernarfon through the mountains and then went round the ancient ruins of the castle, I’m sure Trev felt quite at home. Particularly like the tee-shirt Emma and Andy bought, you have to do maths to work out his age, quite a challenge for some people.

For my birthday treat Jackie bought me a rally driving session at Carno with David Higgins (2011 USA rally champion). What an excellent experience this was. First of all we (there was 3 other ‘lads’ doing it that day too) had a drive round a 2 mile proper gravel rally stage followed by some practicing of hand brake turns. We then had a drive of the stage again and then we had our timed run to see who could go quickest round the stage including 3 handbrake turns. Unfortunately I just clipped a cone on one of my hand brake turns and incurred a 5 second penalty otherwise I could have won. I still came second beating someone who had no penalties. The finale of the day was for David Higgins to take us round the stage at his speed! WOW! I can’t believe how fast this was – accelerating right up to the corners and then just flicking the car one way and then the other to slide the car round the corners sideways, still with his foot on the accelerator! Jackie was a bit worried about me driving back with my new knowledge, but we made it back in one piece.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

How hard can this beHow hard can this be
How hard can this be

The chap getting into the passenger seat is David Higgins, the 2011 USA rally champion


Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb