And back to work – or more fun in our case


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
September 8th 2012
Published: September 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Great excitement when we got back – the Olympic torch was going to go through Dolgellau. A team outing was quickly arranged and we all piled into town. Must say it was a bit of an anti climax, loads of lorries followed by a poor chap who looked quite lost, but at least we saw it.

Also noticed the appalling state of the caravan and spent a happy (and sunny) afternoon giving it a good scrub. The campsite cat discovered the joys of caravanning and pinned Trevor to the sofa – or so he says.

Emma and Andy came to stay on the Jubilee weekend, the site was packed and so we worked most of it and on what was supposed to be our day off everyone was ill and so they went home early. We felt really bad about this so arranged a weekend in a cabin in the Forest of Dean with them – sheer luxury – a hot tub and a dishwasher. We explored Symonds Yat and the surrounding area but it rained so much the river was in flood and we couldn’t do the planned canoe trip.

In out spare time we continued exploring Snowdonia, had a great walk alongside the Ffestiniog railway and watched the train go round the ‘loop’ to gain height. We also visited Harlech castle with it’s many turrets and towers and a great little ice cream shop. Betws-y-Coed is a must visit place and we were lucky enough to see a heron on the rocks, we also went to the Fairy Glen which was a bit disappointing as, from the pictures, it looks like you can walk along it when, in fact, you can’t.

Trev’s birthday next – will he be more sensible and grown up when he’s 40?


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb