After a long drive, now a short walk to work


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
April 29th 2012
Published: April 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a settling in period (the afternoon) it was off to work at 9 the next morning (forgot that there were two 9 o’clocks a day) – now have to set two alarms – well on the days we work, we get a lot of time off to explore. First up was the office stuff – never thought we would master all the different systems required to run a camp site, bed and breakfast and holiday cottages (forgot the yurts). It was all very confusing and we promptly forgot most of it. This went on for several days before Trev was dragged off to help finish the new shower block which is absolutely fantastic – even his plumbing of the sinks works, amazing it always leaked at home. I was sent off to prepare the decking for the yurts but kept getting distracted by the view. We were very keen to see what a yurt looked like as we had never seen one before and were very excited when the day came to put them up. There was a small group of us and lots of poles and trellis like stuff – couldn’t see how that would fit together but in a very short time it did. Next came the task of getting the canvas over the wooden structure – we practiced on the small yurt first and were very professional by the time we got to the large one. At last we knew what they looked like but it wasn’t until the carpets and furniture were in place that they really came alive – although arranging oblong furniture and rugs in a round space was quite a challenge. One of our favourite jobs was to spend an evening at the yurts lighting the wood burning stoves to warm them through – sitting there with a glass of wine, the stove crackling away and the door open so we could see the view – this is work? We had a very warm spell during our first few weeks and spent many happy lunch times sitting on the benches watching the tide go in and out – heaven.

Ps. We are near Dolgellau in Snowdonia so if you want to have a look at the site click below:-

www.graigwen.co.uk

www.slateshed.co.uk


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb