A long drive to work!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
April 4th 2012
Published: April 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The weather had been quite mild up until we were looking after a site in Fareham- the temperature immediately dropped to -7c and the pipes froze every night (on site and in the van). First job every morning was to unfreeze everything, a very cold experience involving hairdryers and kettles. As soon as the owners got back normal temperatures were resumed, I’m not sure they believed us! We had several visitors, Trevor’s sister Lisa and her boyfriend Rob came for the day and on our walk to the Solent we saw a huge flock of geese returning for the summer, never seen so many in one place. Trev’s mum also came to stay for a couple of nights as she was seeing family in the area. Just before leaving the south coast we picked Emma and Andy up from Heathrow on their return from 4 weeks touring New Zealand – lucky them. It was very sad to leave them but they are going to visit us in Wales and we will all be together in Crete for the wedding – very exciting.

We moved onto Cardiff to see Trev’s dad and Suzie came to join us. It was a busy few days as we celebrated Suzie’s birthday and it was the first time she had met Jim, Annette and Nigel – thanks again for the meal Annette. We revisited Barry Island to do the whole Gavin and Stacey thing, silly but fun, and had lunch on the Light ship in Cardiff marina – food wasn’t great but it was an experience. Suzie also taught me the rules of rugby when we watched the Wales England game (she wanted to go to a pub in Cardiff to watch it, didn’t think that was a good idea!).

Chester next where we went to see Suzie playing rugby for the first time, they thrashed the opposition and it was really exciting to watch – hope to get to another game soon. Had a brilliant days caching and came across an enormous quarry with the prettiest water ever – can’t remember where it was but we made our own picnic bench – so if anyone comes across it let us know where it is.

Right now it really is time to go to work – after 2 years this could be a challenge. No one was in when we arrived so we had a good look round while we waited and saw the first rain we’d seen for months – happily just a quick shower which isn’t bad for Wales. When Sarah and John returned they were a bit surprised at the size of the van but after a bit of chopping back trees we managed to squeeze onto our pitch – well we do stick out a bit but never mind. Once again the view distracted us – don’t know how we’ll get any work done – will let you know.



Ps I think I have a welsh cake addiction.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb