wet, wet, wet ..... with some black ice thrown in!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Powys
December 15th 2012
Published: December 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

first pay the car parkfirst pay the car parkfirst pay the car park

and then find the way out - the lift only stopped at even numbers, and our exit was odd. So we walked out the cars entrance.
We've had a very cold few days, and when it rained Friday morning on the cold ground, it turned straight to ice. which was hard as I couldn't turn the car round to get down the drive........ and i was taking Ineke and Caroline to Birmingham to see the Messiah (King's College and Age of the Enlightenment).

In the end, it melted thanks to heavy rain, and I was on schedule. I picked Caroline up, to find that she had fallen on the ice and thought she'd broken a bone in her hand - turned out she had, but came anyway! Of course, Ineke has a broken ankle - load of old crocks.

We enjoyed the Christmas market despite a soaking, then the concert was wonderful. But it took 3 hours to get home thanks to roadworks and diversions. So I got to bed almost as the cricket commentary started. And I missed the best bit of the days play in the end. Never mind. Tune in tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

InekeIneke
Ineke

whizzing up the wheelchair ramp - look, nobody pushing.
and the lightsand the lights
and the lights

the men in yellow coats had a surprise when I took this photo, as I let go of the wheelchair and due to a misunderstanding, Ineke failed to take control.
the venuethe venue
the venue

with reflection of the big wheel
puddingpudding
pudding

we had to eat at Symphony hall as it was too wet to buy food at the stalls, though it looked delicious.
broken handbroken hand
broken hand

AND its the right one
we had good seatswe had good seats
we had good seats

due to the wheelchair we were unable to access the originals up in the gods! So they swapped
inside Symphony hallinside Symphony hall
inside Symphony hall

it was lovely and warm, so we dried out. But I had a bag of wet hats, scarf and gloves to dry out at home.


16th December 2012
and the lights

Oh my goodness
what a night!! I hope you are back home now and safe and dry and warm
18th December 2012

cold
You had a jolly good time i see. Lots of giggles ! Love all the xmas decoration.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb