lots to do


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Powys » Welshpool
March 20th 2011
Published: March 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have had a lovely busy weekend, and now I'm beginning to think about getting ready for work. Just time to do a blog though. yesterday we joined in a big litter pick along the canal in Welshpool. The canoe club was there to attack from the water, and the canal society to do dry land. We collected lots of bags of rubbish which were collected by a dredging boat, so we didn't have to lug them too far. Today we went up to some woods to see a friend racing huskies - no snow, they have a trolley on wheels. I've never seen so many dogs, all chained up to long strings. We missed the morning races and were too early for the afternoon ones, but got the idea. It looks perilous to me. Shame we missed the racing, but the atmosphere was good - lots of howling!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

AlexAlex
Alex

with Andrea's dogs
me and Andreame and Andrea
me and Andrea

but my eyes are shut - and that camera has a blink facility too. Why didn't he use it wonder
is it a bikeis it a bike
is it a bike

moosh moosh


22nd March 2011

they have lots of interesting
things going on in your village don't they? we have litter picking on the beaches here too but no husky dog racing!!
3rd April 2011

What was it
that you were looking for in your bag? Did you have to wear safety vests at the husky races? Can you bet on the huskies or is it just a fun day?
3rd April 2011

betting
I don't think you place bets. It was all for fun. More fun watching than racing, I think!

Tot: 0.693s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.4218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb