JO's UK Travels Summer of 2013


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Gwynedd » Dolgellau
August 18th 2013
Published: August 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Saturday August 17,2013 (Outskirts of Dolgellau)

I awoke to an overcast, drizzly and windy day in North Wales....in the middle of nowhere. Hey.....it's an adventure! Around 9:45/9:50....Sally and I drove out of the cousin's driveway and said "goodbye" to the cows. We headed towards town to do some shopping before meeting up with Jenny and Eileen. Here's the thing...there was some kind of accident that happened in town and a RAF Yellow Rescue Helicopter came and helped a injured person get to the awaiting ambulance. Of course..everyone who had assembled in the parking lot had thought that the pilot would be:Prince William. Alas...no but it was pretty dramatic the way the helicopter had disturbed the trees and then took off to the skies above. We had about 30 minutes of shopping before we would need to meet up again back at the mobile home. Dolgellau was a sweet and pretty town. Started to downpour as we waited for family ....it was going to be a wet day.

Sally and I followed Jenny and Eileen to a quaint but bustling town called: Machynlleth. All four of us first went to a local art gallery which is a branch of the MOMA. Wonderful exhibition of paintings and the theme was: Gardens. After the gallery...we went into a shop and then went in search of a place to have some lunch. Finally....found a restaurant inside a hotel right on the main road. It was a wonderful lunch, companions and conversation! Then we walked around for a short time and looked in shops. Around 2:35 pm...Sally and I said our "goodbyes" to Jenny and Eileen. We got back into the mobile home and headed back to Bristol and England. The dogs, Sally and myself arrived at "Rose Cottage" and Bristol round 7 pm. Later...we had a lovely meal with Wendy, Kit and other relatives. Sally and I slept in real beds for a change. Looking at my watch...it is late and I am tired. Goodnight again! Have a wonderful and fun day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb