Jo's Uk Summer Trip


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Gwynedd » Dolgellau
August 18th 2013
Published: August 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Friday August 16,2013 Dolgellau(pronounced: Dol-Geth-Lai)

We arrived in Porthmadog around 2:25 pm and Sally & I walked the dogs for a bit. Later we sat outside a Fish & Chips-Take Away Shop and had some lunch. Yum! After lunch....Sally and I wondered around the town and looked in some shops. Sally remembers coming here to stay with her grandparents on her mom's side(Jill's parents). Lovely and cute town and we were there for an hour and 15 minutes. It was time to head off to our next town and to catch up with some of Sally's relatives.

Sally, The Dogs and I arrive at a really nice town called Dolgellau around 3:30 pm. We met up with cousin Jenny and aunt Eileen who is also 89 years old. We caught up on news in the local park/trail and had some ice cream. Later....Sally & I spent time in Eileen's room inside "Sheltered Accommodations for Senior Citizens." A very nice time of tea, biscuits and more chatting about life and painting. 45 minutes later....it was time for Sally, the dogs and myself to head towards where we were going to park the mobile home for the night. Jenny showed us the way to another cousin's estate.

it is 9:50 pm(UK time) and life is winding down for the four of us in Northern Wales. Once we arrived....Sally and I found an outlet to plug the mobile home into and charge the vehicle. Dogs had their dinner and then we all went on a rural Welsh country walk among the cows and sheep. I stepped over and around Sheep "Poo" and that was exciting! The view from atop the mountain was truly amazing and breath taking!! Later....Sally and I ate some supper which included: cheese, bread, tomatoes, butter and crisps. Peach, yogurt and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for our pudding. We played a game of Banana Grams which Sally won! It was fun! No Internet!! What's a girl to do? Whoa.....look at the time.......the sleeping bag is calling me. Before I go....we had some interesting neighbors ours making some noise for awhile. In the pasture next to us....big brown and black cows were "Mooing" and it was noisy! Goodnight......Folks! Pictures to follow and enjoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb