End of Term


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
June 30th 2013
Published: July 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Lots of things happening as we come to the end of term, the end of J's first year of pre-school.

First, G. This term, G and I have been going to a pre-school performance class at the local dance school. She gets to sing, dance and play lots of different instruments, and sometimes dancers from the school come in character and perform for the children, as balletic cats, hip-hopping leopards and poetry reading moles! G loves it, talks about it all week, and although she takes a while to overcome initial shyness, by the end of each session she is bopping about all over the place! This week she got to strut her stuff for Daddy and other dignitaries at the end of term show. She chose to go as Kitty, one of the characters. But she was a pink kitty with a pink fluffy tail.

More dancing later in the week from J and his school pals at the pre-school graduation. They performed 'Ghostbusters' for us, and then danced the hour away at the disco. J got a certificate, but as he goes back for his second year in August he didn't get to wear the oversized cap and gowns yet!

Then at the weekend, J had a special early birthday treat. A Day Out with Thomas! Thomas the Tank Engine was on holiday not far from here, with his friends Percy, Diesel, Terence and someone who looked a bit like Emily, but wasn't. J & G were greeted at the station by The Fat Controller and Lady Hatt (his lovely wife) and treated to a ride on Thomas himself! Highlight of the day was the Fat Controller leading the carriage in a round of Happy Birthday to J, who turned scarlet with embarassment and pride!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

The cast and audienceThe cast and audience
The cast and audience

Can you spot us, and Daddy behind?
G and the caterpillarsG and the caterpillars
G and the caterpillars

G was given some live caterpillars in a pot. They will eventually turn into butterflies and then we'll release them.


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb