More fuss of Daddy, and random other stuff


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
June 19th 2013
Published: June 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Father's day!

And this year Daddy was around to celebrate it with us (see last year's 'Father's day without Daddy' - http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/7059667)!

J has been working very hard at staying in bed until the sun comes up on his clock (at 6.30am) and so, following the train trip a week or so back, the latest goal was to go in the canoe with Daddy. Which we duly arranged and good fun it was too!

First Daddy and J, then G & I got in. I had been drilling J in survival techinques should he go in (very unlikely on the mill pond of a loch we'd chosen). He was to roll on his back, tummy up high, head back, as in his swimming lessons, and count to ten. Before he gets to ten Daddy will fish him out. We'd practised this over and over in full dramatic roleplays and he was duly awed, but confident that Daddy would turn up around 5 or 6!

In the event he was very well behaved, sitting still on the front seat, saying 'aye, aye Captain' to Daddy and generally being Very Grown Up about it all. G was not so keen (why does that not surprise me?!) Once she stopped gripping me with all her might she got a bit bored and wanted to stand up, look over the side, sit on Daddy's lap, sit next to J, etc. But it went well enough for us to want to try it again soon!

Also included a couple of other pics from recent times.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb