A week in the Islands


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
July 22nd 2012
Published: August 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

The luxury of a whole week in the islands, catching up with all the rellies. We took our friends, the Family Cockers with us but the three days they were they it rained and fogged and rained some more. So they didn't really get to appreciate the gloriousness of the islands in full sunshine. So sadly hardly any photos were taken as we were house bound, and Andy Murray was playing the Wimbledon final so everyone had their telly goggles on anyway!

The day they left it was simply stunning, perfect weather, as the beach pictures prove! (Yes, it is the Outer Hebrides, not the Maldives!)

Lots of other pictures to tell the story of our week anyway. Rockpooling, stone throwing and blackcurrant picking with Nana & Grandpa, playing with cousins, taking in a little of the HebCeltFest (the free daytime stuff) and a few other bits and pieces.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Just what is Grandpa lobbing in the water?Just what is Grandpa lobbing in the water?
Just what is Grandpa lobbing in the water?

We think it may be some rare cat-turtle hybrid.
Rough and tumbleRough and tumble
Rough and tumble

But which is which?!
Driving his trainDriving his train
Driving his train

Shame this is not video, he was pumping his arms and going 'choo choo'!
Welly winnersWelly winners
Welly winners

G won a prize for being the youngest person in wellies in a 'Welly Walk'. Although really they should have gone to LittleD, since he actually walked most of it, whereas she just sat in the pram! This is the 'official' photo (not one of mine)!


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb