Surprise visitors!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Moray
August 5th 2012
Published: August 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Eating Ice CreamEating Ice CreamEating Ice Cream

Ranks among J&G's top favourite activities, and they take it very seriously!
5pm one Weds evening there was a knock on the door. There stood Uncle Kip and Aunty Lau!!! You could have knocked me down with a side of wet salmon (actually you could have done as that's what I'd been making for dinner)!

'Hello, we were just passing, thought we'd pop in!'

Not often you hear that from people who live nearly 700miles away!

But what a lovely surprise! :-)

They stayed for a few days, just hanging out, going to the park (lots of parks in fact!) the beach, and coming strawberry picking, although in J's case 'strawberry eating' would have been a better description of the activity! We really should have weighed him before and after and paid the difference! Uncle Kip was particularly good at finding enormous berries and showing them proudly to J only to find them pinched out of his hand and squashed into a greedy little redstained mouth!

We showed them some traditional local culture at the Dufftown Highland Games, where J got to drive his own bus on a roundabout.

They were quite in awe of J's Thomas the Tank Engine knowledge, and we caught this piece of video of him showing off his recky skills (Daddy is so proud)!
">No.1 Thomas Fan!

It was brilliant to see them, the kids adored them and we loved having them here, do pop in again next time you're 'passing'!

x


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

At the parkAt the park
At the park
Strawberry fields foreverStrawberry fields forever
Strawberry fields forever
Look!Look!
Look!

Although there were a lot less than that in there by the time we came to pay!
Strawberry shortcakeStrawberry shortcake
Strawberry shortcake
Peebo Aunty Lau!Peebo Aunty Lau!
Peebo Aunty Lau!
Wheee!Wheee!
Wheee!
Peering upPeering up
Peering up
Swing swong!Swing swong!
Swing swong!
The force is strongThe force is strong
The force is strong

Although the weather was terrible! Uncle Kip gallantly gave his XL jumper to J!
So excited to be driving his own train!So excited to be driving his own train!
So excited to be driving his own train!


Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb