Butterflies, bikes, a Bosnian and a bus


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
July 26th 2011
Published: July 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

After J's birthday it was visitors and more visitors!

First was a flying visit by Americans who Daddy used to fly with. The wife's face fell as we opened the door 'Oh my God, J is a boy!' Appparently his name is more usually a girl's name in the US, and his golden curls in the one or two photos she'd seen had just confirmed it. Still J was very pleased with his gift of pink 'butterfly' wings!

Then CrazyDutchLady (formerly known as AuntyS, but I think we have a couple of those now, so a new affectionate alias for her, even though she's Bosnian, and American too) came for a few days. It was just wonderful to have her back here again, like she'd never been away. We hope we make it out to see them sometime next year - we miss you guys!

Then Nana & Grandpa came over to see the golf widow and her family, while Daddy played his little heart out in the local 'Open'. How he managed to fit a round of golf in every day for a week, hold down a full time job, and still be home for dinner, who knows? Well, maybe his boss, he was playing too!

We had a lovely time with Nana & Grandpa, playing in the garden, going for walks and picking raspberries (wild in the woods, and from a pick your own farm), but the higlight for J was going on the bus into town! It was 20 minutes late and we got soaked at the bus stop, but all worth it for the excitement on a 2yr old's face as he spied fields full of pigs!

The other exciting thing has been the acquisition of The Chariot (thanks UncleRags)! The Chariot allows G to travel in style, tagged onto the back of Mummy's bike, snuggled safely in her car seat, hopefully enjoying a nap as Mummy tries to shed her baby weight!

A couple of other random pics, don't forget to scroll right down.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Scotland or India?Scotland or India?
Scotland or India?

Barefoot urchin helps his babywearing mama in the fields
At a christeningAt a christening
At a christening

Not a great photo, but we did all at least get dressed up!
Watering the potatoes a little too closely!Watering the potatoes a little too closely!
Watering the potatoes a little too closely!

We heard a squeal and looked out to see little legs sticking up out of a hole in the potato patch
How exciting is this!!How exciting is this!!
How exciting is this!!

Wiuth Nana on the bus
Hanging out with the boysHanging out with the boys
Hanging out with the boys

From left to right, about 8wks old, 6 wks old, 11wks old (I think)
Pretty party dress Pretty party dress
Pretty party dress

Clearly a bald baby in a hairband is just silly, but she looked so cute! And she was very excited!
Busy paintingBusy painting
Busy painting

At a play session on the base
Snug as a bugSnug as a bug
Snug as a bug

Asleep in the sling
Pedal power!Pedal power!
Pedal power!

(and it does take some power!)


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb