Four months already?!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
September 12th 2011
Published: September 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Really? Four months?! Better get a blog entry done!

August came and went, overall not bad at all for a Scottish summer. Our good friends Mr & Mrs Lugs came to visit with H & Mimi, although being used to living in the desert now they raised the odd eyebrow (and reached for their jumpers) at our declarations of 'it's scorching out', all relative, I suppose! J loves playing with H & Mimi, if only they lived a tiny bit closer!

G gets more and more adorable, as the photos hopefully show. She's a very smiley little baby, gorgeous great dark eyes, framed by impossibly long lashes, and cute dimples from we don't know who!

She needs to figure out that sleeping is best when it lasts for more than twenty minutes at a time. She's not happy unless she's snugggled up on someone (as I type she's asleep on me in the sling). Mind you, her brother needs to figure out that sleeping is best done while not jumping up and down on your bed and refusing to put your pyjamas on... This too shall pass, we tell ourselves...

We tried a campervan trip, our first as a family of four, the plan was for J & Daddy to sleep in the roof, Mummy & G on the bed below. Just to be on the safe side, for the first night we took the soft option and parked on Uncle Bugsy & AuntyM's driveway (they live in the middle of nowhere, so it kind of counts). Well, J wasn't having any of it, so we all ended up in their spare room for the night, and went back home the next day (our 5th wedding anniversary, coincidentally).

J has started 2-3 group, which is like a small playschool, two mornings a week at the local community centre to help ease him into nursery next year. The first few sessions I stayed with him, then gradually withdrew once he was settled. He seems to be really enjoying it, and I got a great big running bear hug when I picked him up after his first full session without me today, which was lovely!






Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Family paddle, plus dogFamily paddle, plus dog
Family paddle, plus dog

Edited for decency!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb