Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
June 9th 2008
Published: June 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Leaving at ungodly hour of 6 am for flight at 11 am! Unfortunately, as got freebie tickets through airmiles have to go to Heathrow - what a pain! Everything went according to plan until Captain came on tanoy to explain that a bird had hit the part of the undercarriage which was now damaged. They had a replacement which had to be fixed with a large number of bolts. This took two hours to do whilst we were on the tarmac. Flight then took about an hour! Sarah Ferguson (Fergie) was on our flight and when we arrived could not visit the Palace as Prince Charles was over for the weekend!

B&B (www.laurelsbandb.co.uk) was on the direct bus line, went on the tour buses showing us all the sights. Got to Hard Rock Cafe for the obligatory shot glass and might have got another t-shirt!!! Did a little shopping, went on the Whisky Tour and looked round the Tartan Weaving Tour too. Unfortunately, couldn't get to the castle on our last full day but decided to try to go before heading for the airport.

Lugged our suitcases up to the castle, photo's with the large cannon Mogs Meg, then headed directly via the bus service to the airport. All went well and collected car from the Purple Parking, headed home, arriving about 5.30 pm - earlier than expected!

Great time in Edinburgh, would go again to do a few other tours.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb