Belfast 2003


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

My sister had never been overseas and really wanted to go. She told me that if I went with her, she would pay for the entire trip. She did not have to ask twice, Lol! She decided on London and so we went there for a few days.

I told her that maybe since she had come so far, that we should visit another place nearby. We decided on a daytrip to Belfast. We found a great rate on Easyjet from Luton to Belfast and back.

We had to wake up real early to get the bus to Luton but we managed. I liked the simple Luton airport and we had some breakfast at Burger King and browsed some shops before our flight.

The Easyjet flight was quick and smooth. The 737-300 aircraft had us over to Belfast in about one hour. We caught the bus to the city center and soon were off exploring. It was overcast skies but not raining......yet. The first place we went was to the Odyssey Complex so I could visit the Hard Rock Cafe. I only purchased a lapel pin there and we left. That Hard Rock is now closed. We had walked over to the complex from the city and so we decided to walk back also. Then it started to pour down rain. We ended up waiting out the storm in the complex, probably about an hour or so. When we got to walking again, we met up with a real nice man who talked with us and told us about different things to see while in Belfast.

Once we were in the city center again, we just walked all around and did a little bit of shopping.

We had also took a little van tour of some different areas in the city. It was very informative and worth our time and money. The other plus was that the sun came out and it ended up being a gorgeous day!

That evening, we headed back to BFS airport for the Easyjet flight back to London. That flight, on a 737-700 was also smooth and routine. We were very tired and I could not wait to get back to our hotel. We caught the bus at Luton to go back into London and some girls were arguing with the driver about the price. It went on for longer than it should have and somebody finally yelled at them to shut up or get off.

I really enjoyed that daytrip to Belfast and would love to visit again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb