London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
June 25th 2012
Published: June 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

UploadedFile0UploadedFile0UploadedFile0

South Bank
We arrived in London yesterday afternoon. We had a wonderful couple of days with May and Terry in Liverpool. They took us on a Beatle driving tour and showed us the houses that they grew up in and Strawberry Fields and Eleanor Rigby's grave. Terry was a great guide, it was a shame that it rained the whole time. They also took us to the Liverpool cathedral, one of the largest in Europe, which is very impressive.

We have had great weather here in London so we are making the most of it and have spent 8 hours today out and about. First we stopped off at Buk Palace and we didn't realise it but it was time for the changing of the guards. We didn't see much because of the hundreds of people crowding along the fence.

We then went for a walk through Hyde Park and St James's Park, it was a lovely day, sun was out, ducks were out and the squirrels were out.

We ended up in Trafalgar Square, it was very busy, lots of tourists and red buses!

We spent a few hours in the National Gallery and really enjoyed it. The gallery is quite big with lots of individual rooms showing a massive collection of paintings.

We are going on a river cruise out to Greenwich tomorrow and to the theatre to see Jersey Boys. The show has been running over about 6 or 7 years and has won a lot of awards.

We are saving the shopping and the other galleries for later in the week....I think it is going to rain!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

UploadedFile2UploadedFile2
UploadedFile2

Buckingham Palace
UploadedFile3UploadedFile3
UploadedFile3

Trafalgar Square
UploadedFile4UploadedFile4
UploadedFile4

My new best friend!
UploadedFile5UploadedFile5
UploadedFile5

Cute Squirral in Hyde Park.


Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb