Keswick


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
June 20th 2012
Published: June 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well we have had a few one night stops on the Western side of Scotland. We really liked the Isle of Skye. I didn't think the scenery could get any better but we saw some amazing hills and went on some roads that I would call goat tracks. The roads were only wide enough for one car with little passing places every hundredfold hundred metres. If you meet another car either one has to back up to make room to pass. Very interesting driving, thank goodness it was Graeme driving! It was well worth the drive just to see the hills and valleys.

We spent a night at the seaside town of Oban, it was lovely and nice weather for a good walk.

On the way south we stopped at a castle ruin called Castle Kilchurn, in the middle of nowhere. We were the only ones there for most of our visit, Graeme is not really into castles but he really enjoyed this one.

We are now back in England and in the Lakes District. What can I say..... Yes more beautiful country and the weather has been superb. We are staying in a place called Keswick. It
UploadedFile1UploadedFile1UploadedFile1

And we had too look out for sheep as well!
is beside the lake and surrounded by great green hills. The lake is quite big and the area near the town has public land with lots of sheep and lambs wandering around chewing on grass while the tourists try to get as close as possible to them to take photos.

We went on a long walk today, up stone paths with bubbling brooks, across fields with lots of sheep and then more steep stone paths to the top of a hill overlooking the town. On the way down we met a couple from Nairn in South Australia, they asked if we were Australian because of Graeme's hat! We ended up walking most of the way around the lake with a couple from Redcliff in Brisbane. The walk took us about 3.5 hours and .....we did not get lost!!!!!

We are off to Liverpool tomorrow and staying with Fiona's aunty and uncle, they are going to show us around. I am sure we will get to see some of the Beatles history, seems to be a big thing there.

We are having a quiet red and enjoying the beautiful weather, it is 10.30 pm and not quite dark....lovely.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

UploadedFile3UploadedFile3
UploadedFile3

Graeme has Found a new friend...
UploadedFile4UploadedFile4
UploadedFile4

Castle Kilchurn


Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb