Happy Holidays


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
October 1st 2011
Published: October 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We rented a cottage in lovely South Devon for a week. Close enough for Nanny, Grandad, Uncle Kip & Aunty Lau to pop over one day for lunch and a windswept walk to Burgh Island. Mummy wanted to show J the famous sea tractor. Given his enormous enthusiasm for normal tractors, he didn't seem overly impressed, but then it was pretty cold, maybe next time we'll go back at high tide and he can ride in it. It is really good, honest!

During our holiday week we got up to all sorts of things. We took J on a steam train, which was very exciting until he got on and sat down, then it was less interesting. G did a massive poo, which leaked on Mummy, then was sick all down Mummy, so that livened things up a bit. We met up with Gt AuntyS, Gt UncleD and mummy's cousins from Kent. We visited a farm (which also had a train), went to the beach, went swimming (not at the beach), visited a few pubs (not as many as Daddy would have liked) and a few shops (not as many as Mummy would have liked). We ate pasties, cream teas and lots of ice cream, and finished off the week at a real ale and local food festival, which Mummy & Daddy both liked!

After all that it was time for Daddy to go home and go back to work (and on a boys golfing jolly to Portugal, ahem) so Mummy, J & G stayed with Nanny and Grandad for another week.

The first few cold wet days were followed by some of the hottest of the year, it was pushing 30degC, something we really hadn't expected at the end of September. Both children suffered with heat rash after a scorching hot day playing with everyone in GtUncleA's garden. J took every opportunity to cool off in the paddling pool and in a river on Dartmoor, which was much colder than Mummy remembers it being when she was a child!

Grandad took J to the aquarium. J loves fish (calls them 'hake', having not quite mastered the 'f' or 'sh' sounds) and was very excited to see some big 'harks' too. Grandad was grateful that J had lights in his shoes as it was very dark in there and he would have lost him otherwise!

Lots of pictures this time, so don't forget to scroll down, and we took a few short video clips which we've compiled and uploaded - click here.














Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Beach bumsBeach bums
Beach bums

(Sorry, Mum, but it's such a cute photo!)
Pete!!Pete!!
Pete!!

All steam trains are called Pete, after the Chuggington character. Apart from Thomas, he has the honour of being 'Tom'.
Daddy & son bonding in a pub gardenDaddy & son bonding in a pub garden
Daddy & son bonding in a pub garden

Chickens in a pub garden, brilliant! Wonder what the special is on the menu today...
Can't catch meCan't catch me
Can't catch me

Bit overexposed - unlike Mummy's legs!


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb