Baltic Sea


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

JohnJohnJohn

John on deck at last - White Cliffs of Dover in background
Ah the joys of leaving London - carting along a large suitcase each plus a smaller carryon bag - when catching the tube to Dover - we struggled to get the cases on the train which was pretty full and then later on caught the next train to Dover where we played Canasta for about 2 hours or so - hey after not playing since about 1988 - I actually won.... didn't even remember the rules.... must have been beginners luck.
Anyway off the train once in Dover, pretty city, went to catch a taxi and a group of people jumped in the taxi when we were obviously there first so we grabbed the next taxi... one of the same group tried to jump in front of us but I got into the cab before they could - we'd been waiting in line and wasn't about to lose this one!

We arrived fairly quickly to go through customs and board the ship - all happened effortlessly and a bit easier this time as it wasn't our first cruise with the Norwegian Cruise Line.

We also saw the White Cliffs of Dover along the Port where we boarded the ship.
LynLynLyn

Enjoying the first drink of the cruise
Just after boarding the ship - John thought he had lost our camera so went racing off back to customs to see if he could find it - thought it may have been on the security belt - however, I went into the bathroom after he had left and sure enough there was the camera!!
First night on the ship was good and we had dinner and saw a brief part of some of the entertainment we would see each night in the Stardust Theatre during the cruise.

Next day was a day at sea so gave us a good chance to have a look around the ship and see what was on offer - also had a fantastic stone massage - put me to sleep and a hydro lift facial - all felt good and so booked a Lime & Ginger massage for a couple of days later when at sea all day again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

ShipShip
Ship

One dining area of the ship


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb