Baltic Sea


Advertisement
Middle East
July 23rd 2010
Published: July 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Copenhagen PalaceCopenhagen PalaceCopenhagen Palace

Chaninng of the guard
We docked early in the morning at Copenhagen -where John's son, Drew, has been studying (partying) for the last 6 months - he was in Portugal while we were in London and then heading to London while we went to Copenhagen from London!

Copenhagen is a very old city with mainly drab typical European buildings - at least in the main part of the city and small cottages throughout the countryside.

We visited the palace where Prince Frederick and Princess Mary - along with their children, will be living - it was in the process of being renovated and refurbished. Prior to the furniture being put in place, the state apartments were open to the public. Many of the paintings on the walls were meaningful to the couple and of course Tasmania and Australia featured in many of the artist's works.

It was quite interesting to see where they will entertain heads of state, royalty etc - their private apartments were not available to the public.
In the city areas there were hardly any trees and gardens which only added to the drabness of the place. We watched the changing of the guard and toured around the
JohnJohnJohn

John with guard at Copenhagen Square - don't get too close John!
city.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

BuskerBusker
Busker

Water fountain busker!


Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0908s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb