Day 1 Let the adventures begin


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 16th 2009
Published: September 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So Mama and I arrived yesterday and had our first experience riding the tube, which was actually quite painless. We took a nice long, much needed nap and then had dinner with Erin and her Mum, Denise, while it poured outside--instantly greeted by rain of course. However, it subsided by about 9pm, or rather 21:00, so we took the tube into the center and took our first stroll over the Waterloo Bridge, appreciating the gorgeous view of Westminster Abbey and Parliament.

This morning it was a beautifully sunny day so we went exploring right away. Mama had the goal of seeing quite a few shows at the theatre and I've been wanting to see the Lion King for a long time so we caught the matinee in the West End. It started off a bit slow, and our jet-lagged state only made it worse, but it picked up towards the middle and we really enjoyed the show. The costumes and dancing were fantastic!

After the show we explored the Soho area, which is apparently supposed to be London's Red Light District, but apart from the few alleys full of sex shops, it wasn't too suggestive. We then trekked into
Photo 5Photo 5Photo 5

Mommy and me in front of the Eye
Chinatown and had some Tai Chinese cuisine for dinner-yummy!

First impressions: the city is so clean and there are so many Russians! There are a lot of every nationality actually, which I find absolutely fascinating every time I walk down one street and hear at least 5 different languages. I love the diversity.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

Mommy in front of the Big Ben and Westminster Abbey


Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb