ENGLAND!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
July 30th 2007
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

here's my England stories now!

----- so i know that since i'm not backpacking anymore, you guys are sad that i haven't written anymore blogs!
SO, to make u guys less sad, here's my ENGLAND blogs!
I'll write it in point form, since i know u guys love to read my point form blogs (u lazy asses).
so here is what i learned/experienced here in ENGLAND!

- pylons are not pylons here in england. pylons here are telephone/electricity poles. pylons are called cones here. interesting.

- i ate spotted dick. and it was good. now before you guys think i've become some weird little...weird person, i'll explain. spotted dick is a popular english dessert. It's basically a raisin muffin surrounded by custard. apparently the muffin is traditionally made with animal fat. mm...

- i like custard.

- England consists of cities, towns, villiages and hamlets. I now understand the differences: Cities have big buildings, towns consist of more than 5ish streets, villages have a church, and hamlets are usually one-two streets and don't have a church.

- i went to a village. it was so small. there was nothing there!!

- everyone here drives standard cars! apparently automatic cars are driven by the old, and the lazy. and that's it.

- i drove a standard car in England - therefore, on the wrong side of the road, and on the wrong side of the car!! it was sooooo weird. they're sooo hard to drive too! ergo. i was only allowed to drive for less than a minute on a barren road.

- it was still cool.

- kids who come to the English camp that i work for here are fricken rich.

- rich kids #1: there was an italian kid here who was wearing all these brand names (d&g, guicci), and i asked him to price everything he was wearing, and his outfit (including shoes and underpants ) that he was wearing cost 1000 pounds (2000 dollars), then i counted how much i was wearing, and it cost roughly 45 pounds (90 dollars.) i felt lame.

- rich kids #2: i went with a russian boy to town so he could get his money, and he ended up coming back with 2000 pounds (4000 dollars) worth of money. in cash. and he was counting it in my face. he's here for 3 weeks. i had mentioned before that i didn't own anything guicci, and apparently, for my birthday, he was looking to buy me some guicci shoes but didn't know my shoe size. DAMN. he bought me a massively big teddy bear instead. man, i'm gonna give him my shoe size, pants size, and shirt size now.

- rich kids #3: two russian boys went to our local town, and came back with a playstation, flat screen tv and dvd player. they set the whole thing in their room, and when they left, obviously they couldnt' carry it with them on the plane. so they left it all here for one of our staff. geez.

- went to see Mary Poppins the musical. Realized that i never watched Mary Poppins, and was somehwat confused about the story.

- Malta and Azerbaijan are real countries that actually exist. Bet you didn't learn about these countries in high school geography!

- I now understand what the hell is the deal with England/Britain/UK business. England is England. Britain is made up of Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland and England. UK is the same as Great Britain. BUT, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland and England are all different countries. They only gather under the same title of UK. BUT, they are DIFFERENT. Wales is NOT England. As i have come to learn when i mistakeningly said they were the same, and got my head chewed off by annoyed Welsh.

- like i said last yr, Chinese ppl are total nerds. When the group of Chinese kids came in, i looked at them, with their bespectled eyes, bad teeth, and bad fashion sense, and shook my head, and wondered how the largest population in the world are the Chinese. compared to the italians, spanish and french, we're not the coolest looking people. not. at. all.

- the japanese are funny ppl. they love their cameras. it was 5AM when they arrived, and they walked out of the bus taking pictures of the campus/of the bus/of random bushes. when i was telling them some instructions, they asked me if tehy could videotape me giving the instructions. so, they have a video of me saying "and so guys, i need you to give me a 20 pound deposit for the key. so if there are any damages...". yea. so weird.

- a "fanny" is not a bum here in England. my friends and i were talking about fannies, so naturally, i assumed it meant bum, so i went on loudly saying that "i dated a guy with a nice fanny.", and literally all the english ppl around me jus sorta stopped and stared at me.
sssoooo apparently, in england, a fanny means a vagina.
i now know that.

- europeans are sooooo affectionate! i've hugged and kissed more ppl in my two months here than i have in my 20 years in Canada! i'm bringing those kisses/hugs back to canada!

- Will update more once i think of more!!
=D




Advertisement



7th August 2007

MAN! that england/britain/UK thing was enlightning. i could never find someonet that could explain it to me appropriatly! thank you!! hope you find your florence blog

Tot: 0.378s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb