Xenz and the Art of Motorcycle Maitenance


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
July 3rd 2007
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

I was holding down the fort today at the office - mostly doing inventory - and being there for anyone to come by and look at works. All of a sudden I get a phone call from Elle saying that Xenz is coming by to fix one of his triptychs!
Xenz is an artist who began with the graffiti art movement and now does graffiti inspired canvases - all of them flow and blur very beautifully making a contrast between broad spray paint and clear harsh lines. Xenz's real name is Graham, and he let me hang out with him and watch him touch up the canvas. Todays art movement is very on the go and practical, so his 'advanced technique' was a gold felt tip pen😊 He is really nice and very down to earth. He is exactly what one expects in todays artists- a normal guy with a fun job who is surprised that someone would pay for his paintings. I get to see him at the launch show the 12th, and I'm really looking forward to it. These artists are so brilliant and yet so totally normal. It was so cool to meet a graffiti artist - look his work up!

Cheers

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb