training log week 4


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Worcestershire » Malvern
February 27th 2011
Published: February 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well , although this is listed as week 4 ,it is week 4 of the blog but more like week 10 of the training..thats cleared that up .So this week has been productive with two 25 mile hill rides , a 2 hour session at the Ladies Coll gym doing circuits (very tough) and today (sunday 27th) .I left home at 06.50 and cycled out to Malvern via Tewkesbury and Hanley Swan, returning via Eastnor Castle and back into Tewkesbury, a round trip of 56 miles fully loaded (see Pic)this was completed in just over 4.1/2 hours an average speed of 12.2 mph ,I felt this was ok considering this ride includes the tough climb to English Camp on the west of the Malvern Hills .I did stop at Upton on Severn for a quick bar and a drink and at Enlish Camp forthe same.It was on the descent into Herefordshire that the weather turned grim...despite the steep descent I never got over 30 mph due to an increasing headwind , I guess the panniers are like sails ,great when the wind is with you and not so good when blowing into your face.I seen most of the uk wildlife dead on the roads today , does this mean there are more animals than ever or more careless drivers..?.
8 weeks from now i'll be heading into the Cairngorms so all this hill work is great but I tell you they do not get any easier.Thanks or reading

Advertisement



1st March 2011

respect
keep up the good work!

Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb