training log week 3


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Gloucestershire » Cheltenham
February 18th 2011
Published: February 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well this week has been a mixed blessing with the terrible Sunday ride , includes 3 punctures in 25 miles and an al fresco crap within sight of home (almost), and a fantastic 30miler on Thursday in good weather rising out of Cheltenham on the old road to Cirencester (past the lilly brook golf course)across to the view point at Birdlip, and down to Cranham via the Sanitorium Rd...this route is terrific for hills /views and fast descents, a real mixed bag and fairly typical of what i expect the Jogle to throw up at me.
The bike is performing well and the new butterfly bars are proving comfy as they offer such a variety of grip positions.I am aslo still amazed how few drivers can confidently overtake a cyclist ..some just sit behind you for what appears to be an eternity and does become a little embarrassing , so drivers please pass wide and slow.
looking fwd to another 60 mile ride tomorrow morning .
I have also purchased this week -
a front rack and panniers to re distribute the weight
a new mirror (still rubbish !)
gps mount
2 new puncture resistant tyres and 2 slime filled inner tubes to avoid the nightmare of last Sunday!
I have had a positive response for kit from GO Outdoors ,Be Well Expedition food, and Buff .
Huge thanks to them and to my friends who have sponsored me.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb