Shakespeare


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Birmingham
November 19th 2009
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 19.11.2009 Day 36
Shakespeare
We had a sleep in extended our stay at the hotel for another nigh and then when to the car place they had our car in the service center when we arrived and explained that it was a battery problem and they have tested the alternator and it was ok. They said the car should be ready for us tomorrow.
We when to Stratford-upon-avon where Shakespeare was born, died and berried and where his wife lived before she married him and where his mother lived.
We saw the place where the house was that he owned for the last 18 years of his life and where he died. We saw his grave in the church where he was burred and we saw his baptism and death register. We saw the place where he was born and we drove past where his wife lived and it looked good so we have to go back and do that another day. We had dinner at the Garrick Inn the oldest pub in Straford it had had a building on the site since the 13th century and the current building had been there since the 14th century so was an old pub when Shakespeare lived almost across the road from it. It is also where the Straford Plague started and all residents died. It has lots of history.
I got a book form the place where Shakespeare was born and lived for the first 10 years of his life on his live and my friend got two post cards.
We had a fantastic time there and could happily spend a few more days there.
We got back to our hotel and was surprised to see that our room was not made up we had no fresh towels or new tea or coffee and the bed was not made it was obvious that no one had been in our room.
When I called and complained they gave us new tea, coffee and towels and told us they would credit the cost of our room back Yeh!




Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb