Colombo in Sri Lanka for summer holidays


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Kingston
October 22nd 2013
Published: October 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

When you are thinking of summer holidays then think of visiting Colombo. Yes, Colombo, the largest and the most commercial capital city of Sri Lanka, is now one of the most popular destinations which have attracted the attention of a large number of travelers across the globe. Here in Colombo are a number of places which anyone would find interesting and worth-visiting.

This city in Sri Lanka is a perfect blend of old and new. Visitors who walk across the network of lanes or drive through the major roadways will come to know of the colonial type of buildings (built during the time of colonial period in Sri Lanka, includes many of the finest structures) or highly commercial buildings and hotels. This city is full of tourist-attractions, shopping malls or bazaars (markets where visitors can expect to get anything they would like to take home), recreational places etc. Visitors who come here will have no trouble at all. They can stay at any of the best hotels (Most of the hotels in Colombo are located centrally around the major tourist centers in the city. Visitors can choose to stay one of the best hotels or star class hotels which offer them a spectacular view of the city).

The best of the best places which are known across Asia or Europe include Galle Face Green, Beira Lake, Colombo Fort, Beach Waadiya, Mount Lavinia beach etc. Visitors who come here shall visit the museum too which is very well-known. National Museum in Colombo (established in the year 1877) is known to be the largest museum in whole of Sri Lanka. Visitors who visit this museum can really get the chance to know more about the history of this island. Other famous places in Colombo include: Independence Square, Cargills & Millers building, Pettah bazaar etc. Here are a number of temples, churches and mosques too.

Check out any of the best Sri Lanka Holidays Package to spend your time in Colombo and enjoy your holidays with peace of mind. You will surely have a good time at this south-Asian island.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb