Go Kostya Go!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Great Bookham
June 4th 2005
Published: June 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

"Ladies and Gentleman i would like to announce the main event , this is the essence of what it is to be a true champion as the Undisputed Superlight Weight Champion of the World , Kostya Tszyu takes the contender Ricky Hatton in a bout to show who is best - no excuses!"
I will be in the pub (The Old Crown or wherever its on) watching this one closely as it will be pure boxing the moment these two step in the ring. I remember playing basketball with him and Johnny Lewis among other boxers as they used it as a warm down (we were struggling to keep up with them) @ Newtown PCYC when it was still around. The games were quite physical but played in good spirit-always , as Kostya and Johnny are both great sports and it flows on to others thru them.
It is a small world after all , and last week it just got smaller when I found out that the Aussie bartender@The Old Crown went to the same High School as a good friend of mine back in Sydney not only that but he was in the same year and remembers him well enough to tell me a few stories about his early years , good as gold that is.
Going for (another) walk with a guy from work and his wife they are both near retirement age and have seen alot of the world as they are both avid adventurers. this time we are goin to Peaslake the on thru Hurt Wood and up to Leith Hill (the highest point in Surrey) should be a blast. I think last weeks one to Box Hill was just a warm up so i am indeed looking forward to the challenge.
I got some photos developed from a disposable camera Ive been carrin around for a while they were a bit old and it shows but was happy with the few surfing ones- ill get em scanned for ya's soon (promise).
Got some friends commin over for tea tonight as i thought it would be nice for them to get away after work (yoo-hoo boring ;-o) and let me do the cookin - kind of its felafels for starters and then some baked vegies , the butternut squash is soooooooooo sweeeeeeet right now its like a pumpkin pie ;-)
Thats me , hasta luego Jp :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb