Burnham


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Burnham-on-Sea
May 7th 2010
Published: May 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Laura’s parents Derek and Mary picked us up from the train station and delivered us to a little B&B close to their home. It was Troy’s first time at a B&B and the welcoming Shirley was definately a stark contrast to being treated like a number. The bedroom was quite easily double the size of the Japanese hotel rooms, and the most comfortable bed we have had so far on the trip.

After finishing our game of Monopoly (Anna won, which put a smile on her face) we walked by the seaside to Wetherspoons pub down the road for a bite. Troy would have been a better cook then the chef there (I only wish I was joking) and had some of the worst drinks ever. Anna’s scotch and Pepsi tasted all wrong, and my cider tasted off. Finally settled on some good ol Aussie Shiraz.

We headed back to the B&B before heading to Derek and Marys so Troy could finally meet Simon & Laura (groom & bride). Also met a very busy Kathy (Simon’s mum) who had just finished making 180 cupcakes for the wedding (a few reject ones were swiftly enjoyed). A good meal was enjoyed
The WarrenThe WarrenThe Warren

This place was a little different to the 3600 room Shinegawa Hotel.
by all, and had some good conversation over an origami table ornament making session which was cryptic to say the least. (Origami, not the conversation).

Rocked up home around midnight for a good night’s rest. We enjoyed our stay so much we even wrote a review which can be found here.

Breakfast was delightful this morning, and this arvo we are heading to Bristol for two nights which is closer to Bath where the wedding is to be.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb