A flowery couple of days.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Harrogate
September 17th 2018
Published: September 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Saturday we visited the Harrogate Autumn Flower Show.

Having been to Southport Show a few weeks back we decided to concentrate on the Flower arranging competition marquee at this show.

The hotel organised the trip which saved us having to drive. We arrived at the show ground about 10.30 and headed straight to the marquee. There was plenty of time as we were not being punched up until 2.30pm.

The designs on display were very creative and I enjoyed reading all the judges comments, you can learn so much from them.

We managed to find a seat and watch a demonstration which was very entertaining.

I've included just a few of my favourites from the Show.

Back to the hotel where we enjoyed the rest of the afternoon relaxing in one of the beautiful lounges.

Sunday we were expecting it to rain, but surprise surprise the skies were partly blue with the hint of sunshine. Midday we set off to a small town the other side of York called Pocklington. I had heard that there was a flower festival in the local church, the theme depicting all aspects & events from WW1.

As we entered the church it was very atmospheric as all the stone pillars were covered in knitted poppies with red underlighting. It looked quite amazing. There were more than 50 floral displays with so much attention to detail. The printed programme gave very precise information as to the thinking behind each design.

Just a few photos for you to enjoy.

Finding this small town church fleer festival certainly was A nice ending to our flowery week away.

Monday its back home but it has been a nice break.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb