Cruising the Broads


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Norfolk » Wroxham
August 2nd 2009
Published: August 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's Tim Birthday - the big 30! We decided not to let this pass unmarked so we headed off to the Norfolk Broads for the weekend. Considering they are only an hour and a half from Cambridge we don't know why we have never been there before.

Vicki and Jo came with us and we hired a 28' cruiser. It was very cool. We weren't too sure what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. Georgie B (the boat) was fairly spacious and we had a double cabin, kitchen, bathroom and a sitting area with a sofa bed. The whole roof of the living area slid back so we could enjoy the nice weather whilst relaxing. This was just as well as we spent a lot of time relaxing!

We had the boat from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon so there was plenty of time for exploring the Broads. We spent time cruising along, stopping every now again to get off the boat and have a short walk or eat. We seemed to do a lot of eating!

Occasionally the river took us through a town or village. The river was lined with the most fabulous houses and we kept finding lots of properties we would liked to have owned. They all seem to have their own boat.

There were loads of birds on the Broads and amongst the usual offerings of ducks, geese and swans I was pleased to see lots of great crested grebes and a kingfisher.

All in all in was a great weekend and we are wondering where to go boating next!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

This is the life!This is the life!
This is the life!

Tim enjoys his Birthday breakfast
Riverside livingRiverside living
Riverside living

We'll have the house on the left please!


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb