In the Dordogne


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Dordogne
September 12th 2009
Published: September 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Obligatory plane wing tip photo!Obligatory plane wing tip photo!Obligatory plane wing tip photo!

That is somewhere near Luton down there
Bonjour! We have decided to go away for a week to the Dordogne. We flew to Bergerac with Ryanair (I think it cost more for our bag than it did for us on the return leg!) In terms of views it is one of the best flights I have been on for ages. There were very few clouds about so we had really good visibility. We flew over the Isle of Wight which looked just like it does on google earth (photos to follow when we return home and find the camera cable)

Bergerac airport is nice but small. It is currently top of the list for smallest/most basic airport! We have been to a fair few small airports but this one will take some beating. The arrivals area was shed made of corrugated steel. There were no carousels for the luggage to go round on just a series of rollers which the staff pushed your luggage down. On the plus side we did get off the plane, collect our bag and get our hire care pretty quickly. The lack of cash point did mean we set off with rather less money that we would have preferred but there you go.

After about 1.5hrs driving we reached our home for the next week, Les Espioles . It is a gorgeous little cottage set in 1.5 acres of ground. There are 5 other little cottages on the site as well as a pool and various outdoor games such as football, table tennis and basketball. I think that these are aimed at the children but Tim is already eyeing them up!

We are off to explore the area tomorrow as we drove through loads of interesting looking towns on the way to our cottage.

Oh I forgot to mention it is hot and sunny here, between 25 - 30 degrees!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0122s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb