Ice Skating


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Norfolk » Norwich
November 28th 2007
Published: November 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ready to Skate!Ready to Skate!Ready to Skate!

Me, Ian, Kate, and Tina
Last night me and 3 of my flatmates ushered in the Christmas season by going ice skating! Every year a rink is built in front of the Forum (Norwich's library), near the market. It's not very big, but in a great location. We rode the bus down into town for the 8:00 session.

We donned our skates- a challenge with their fancy little clippy things instead of good old-fashioned laces. Then we hit the ice. We were all a little bit shaky at the beginning, but me, Tina, and Kate got our footing quickly. Ian, on the other hand, had never been skating before and it showed!

The rink wasn't too crowded- just the right amount of people were there- not packed but not empty either. The ice was a bit rough, it was the last session of the day and they didn't resurface the ice in between sessions.

I managed to be the only one in my party who didn't fall! Tina fell a total of 3 times, twice on her own accord- she ended up sprawled out and looking pathetic (lol). The third time she was accidentally tackled by another skater- also good for a laugh. Kate fell once, and screamed when she did it- quite dramatic. Ian, because he never actually left the wall (except for a couple of times holding on to me) never properly fell. So at the end of the session the girls talked him into taking a flop. He just laid down on the ice. Then had a major struggle to get back up!

We turned in our skates and headed back to UEA. We then enjoyed some hot chocolate and went to bed! It was a good night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb