Last Dispatch from Norwich


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Norfolk » Norwich
September 28th 2018
Published: September 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

At home: a full English BreakfastAt home: a full English BreakfastAt home: a full English Breakfast

Starting (from scratch!) our day right.
Unbelievably, my month at Lilac Cottage is drawing to a close. Friend Fae joined me this week, and I’ve been showing her the local sights - it’s funny to notice my sense of pride, bordering on ownership.... I do get a kick out of arranging for friends to see and experience what I’ve found “the best” (beautiful, tasty, comfortable and enjoyable). Perhaps I should have been a tour guide or cruise director....

We have strolled around old town Norwich and - because Fae is such a people person and animal lover - had some fun encounters and conversations with polsters, buskers, church wardens and a Bobbie! The weather has been glorious (that may not last), making our paddle-wheeler boat trip on the Dure River in the Norfolk Broads even more enjoyable. We’ve dined al fresco as much as possible, soaking up the sun and atmosphere (and no few calories).

Now, with both regret at leaving and anticipation of adventures ahead, we turn our efforts to repacking (ugh!) and tidying up. It’s going to be tough to leave sweet little Miss Winifred - she’s been a delight to know, and a great lap-warmer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Norwich buskerNorwich busker
Norwich busker

This talented guy played relaxing melodies of his own composing in a busy, leafy square.
Peter, Cathedral wardenPeter, Cathedral warden
Peter, Cathedral warden

He led us to Edith Cavell’s two graves (look her up!j
Proper piesProper pies
Proper pies

In the garden at Britons Arms - two slices of their finest, with cider.
Fae loves being on the waterFae loves being on the water
Fae loves being on the water

Paddle wheeler in Horning.
Boating on the BureBoating on the Bure
Boating on the Bure

A LOT of thatched house, due to the abundance of local reeds in the Norfolk Broads.
Boating on the BureBoating on the Bure
Boating on the Bure

The first holiday house in Horning (built in 1800s).
Beer garden sunshineBeer garden sunshine
Beer garden sunshine

Lunch at the Grren Dargon in Wymondham.


29th September 2018
Farewell, Miss Winnie!

Glad you still have some sunshine and warmth left there. Yesterday at the Island Cafe we had the most perfect weather. No more. Today at 68 totally grey. Tomorrow rain. Scratch Miss Winnie goodbye for me. And have a fabulous launch into the rest of your new world.

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb