Snowy Valentines In Cromer - Norfolk


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Norfolk » Cromer
February 12th 2010
Published: December 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cromer 12th-14th February, 2010



It was an incredibly cold winter in London even though I missed a good part of it by being in Australia. A weekend away in the Norfolk Broads wasn't any warmer than London but we stayed in a warm self-catering cottage in Cromer called The Grove. Cromer is a coastal town in Norfolk close to the Norfolk Broads. The Norfolk Broads are an area of rivers and lakes in Norfolk and Suffolk - a popular area for canal boating and other water activities.

We spent some of Saturday driving around some of the nearby villages on the broads. A maze of waterways. It started to snow and it was very pretty. It was nice to get back to our warm cottage, cook dinner and enjoy a bottle of champagne that we'd been given for our engagement. The champagne even had gold flecks in it. It was the start of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver which is always good to watch.

On Sunday we drove back to London but had a detour through Stow-on-Wold. We found a nice pub for lunch but didn't think much of the way this coastal town along with so many others in England are turned in to amusement parks on the foreshore.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb