3 Days to go!!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Southport
June 30th 2006
Published: July 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone!!

Ok, so we finally finished work on Monday, (although we've been into work twice since then, for some reason we seem to be drawn to ASDA like a magnet, whats that about?? We seem to have lived there the past 10 months!!) and on the 3rd July we will be flying to South America!!

Yep, so neither of us have packed yet, and we're not completely sure we've bought everything we need to go with, but we've never been great at organisation!!
We've got our flights, so thats the main thing!! 3 weeks ago we didnt even have them! Its alright, we've got the weekend to do any last minute shopping! And we're only going for 2 1/2 months, so hopefully we'll be able to cope for that long if we do forget anything!!

Anyway....
We'll be hopefully updating everyone with what we get up to by writing this blog, which we'll do as often as we can, uploading photos of everything hopefully!!

Right, now I've added a cool map showing you where we'll roughly be going, were doing part of the trip with a company, but after that part its just gonna be us, and no, were not that organised, so we don't know exactly the places in Chile and Argentina we'll be visiting, but we'll let you know when we visit them!! If anyone has been and can think of anything exciting we should do then we'd appreciate their input!

map

Ok, the maps not perfect, but it was kinda created quickly, and the map has no place names marked on it, so I kinda had to guess where the places are!!
but basically, we fly from Manchester on the 3rd July, landing in Rio early morning of the 4th, spend the day in Rio, then on the 5th we fly to Manaus to take a trip on the Amazon starting on the 6th. For 3 days and 2 nights we'll be on the Amazon, sleeping in hammocks on a boat lodge thingy! then on the 9th we fly back to Rio. We then have 2 days in Rio before we start our tour with Gapadventures.
the details for the tour can be found on the website, sorry, im far too lazy to type them all out!!

I apologise that this has been a long first blog, but its getting sent to a lot of people, some that we havent seen for a while, so for those that already know the information I've written already, then you have our permission to just skim read it quickly, or just to stop reading!! We just added everyone from our address book so we apologise if this is the first you've heard from us in ages we seem to be rubbish at keeping in touch! think that's what working 60hours a week on nights does to you!

Advertisement



1st July 2006

Simon
Heather!! You've finally gotten round to going on a trip then?! YEY that's fantastic, i know you'll love it. Don't worry about not buying everything, you can buy stuff there. They have shops in S.America too! hehe. Just make sure you have the right jabs/medication and can speak a little spanish/portuguese (who will get slaughtered tonight, I assure you!) and you'll be fine. Have a great time!! Geog Simon xxx

Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb