Back home proper


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lincolnshire » Scunthorpe
August 21st 2012
Published: October 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Come visit Scunthorpe


So we were back home with the family and had a busy couple of weeks to look forward to.

First up of course though was to go to Michelle's Parents' for a traditional Sunday dinner, boy had we missed this, and a selection of cakes to finish, perfect, surrogate brother came down with Reis and Jemma too

Priority on the list for Michelle was to raid the wardrobes, time to wear something different for a change and put away the clothes from the last 6 months.... Visit to the container in order to check it was all ok..... Thank God there were no mouldy shoes!!!

With shoes picked it was true dilemma time.... What should she wear for her girlie night out on the town with her oldest friend Sarah, Wendi and Sabrina!!!

Red dress it was and off they all went out....

More quality time with Sarah and Finlay, her Godson followed, which let me catch up and do some organising.....

No rest for the wicked.....

Next stop.....Leeds to check on the houses and see our friends.

Chance for a good curry something else we missed and of course great company.....the Eaton's and the Bentley's!

The next day we were up and on and ready for a good day out at Rother Valley. The kids loved running round there, with Callum and Matthew showing what brave lads they were by coming out on the rowing boats for a paddle round the lake! Helping with the rowing...We all had fun.

It seemed we'd brought some good weather back to England with us which was a great chance for my Mum and Dad to get the barbaque out and have the whole family over, it was nice to catch up with everyone whilst sipping on the Pimms...... Think Michelle and Uncle Richard led the way in this one.....my Dad might have got an odd glass ....

On to our final week and with Michelle's dad taking a day off midweek, after much delberation, we took the plunge and all took a trip to Cleethorpe's.

A stroll along the sea front, which looked really nice with all the flowers in bloom worked up an appetite for another British culinary favourite, yes you guessed it Fish and Chips, perfect...... Topped off by another walk along the front to burn some of the fat off, only to top it up again with an ice cream..... No one can say we haven't eaten well whilst we've been at home!!!!

Last but no means least was a trip to the North West to catch up with our friends over there, a few beers in the old local, the Three Pigeons with a curry after, a great night...... Jim we wont forget you did a runner without paying!!!!!

Our friends Rob and Alison weren't about for the meal so we headed to theirs for the following night and got to catch up with them and all there good news.

So that was it a hectic 3 weeks at home, we think longer would have been better, but Cyprus and Michelle's Divemaster internship beckons.

It was great to be home and catch up with everyone, we look forward to more of the same in November, next time though I think the shorts and T shirts will be well away and the winter jumpers will be out, see you all soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Quality time with FinlayQuality time with Finlay
Quality time with Finlay

Who is truly gorgeous x x
The Girlie night out....The Girlie night out....
The Girlie night out....

Before the champagne!!!!


21st October 2012

Cleethorpes!
And there was me thinking I was the only person ever to have blogged about Cleethorpes!!!

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb