Away again but this time its less of a holiday .... Well sort of...... ;)


Advertisement
Cyprus' flag
Middle East » Cyprus » Paralimni
September 14th 2012
Published: October 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

So this is it the next step in our journey into our new life.

Touch down Cyprus our new home for the next two months.

Our evening flight landed and we were met at the airport by Will one on the instructors from Easy Divers where Michelle was going to spend the next two months training to be a qualified Divemaster.

We arrived in the cover of darkness at our apartment with no one to be seen.

The following morning Michelle headed downstairs to the dive shop to meet everyone including 3 of our housemates Tyler, Danny and Ryan. This gave me chance to go and explore Protaras and get a feel for the place and ask about for work. I also met Alex, who was moving out our room, she works at Sfinx bar and said she would put a word in for me. Later that night I got to meet the guys and Kev our remaining house mate. A good first day for us then, topped off by a call from John at the Sfinx asking if I could come in for work on the next night, result.

The first few weeks have been great, Michelle is living her dream diving everyday, she's dived the Zenobia, and dives 6 days of the week. I'm having fun at the Sfinx bar every night especially when the band are on instead of Lady Gaga and Abba tributes. The sun is shining everyday, and I get to chill a the pool next door, you guessed it... EVERYDAY!!!!

The only downer is one of us working days and the other nights but we get one night a week together and Sundays to chill out as well, coupled with lunch and an hour before I go to work. We have made some new friends with our workmates and have A LOT of fun. Tyler, Ryan and Danny have all headed back to the UK now but not before a few send off nights out and a cliff jumping session.

So far so good, hopefully we get to see more of the island in the next few weeks to fill you in on the next blog.

Until then.....



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

All aboard.... to the Zenobia wreckAll aboard.... to the Zenobia wreck
All aboard.... to the Zenobia wreck

Loving the view from the new office!


21st October 2012

Cyprus
Really looking forward to hearing about your Cyprus adventure. That's where we met over 20 years ago now!!
22nd October 2012

you lucky people enjoy every min.of the adventure the photos are great you both look happy and y not see you soon in uk snow forcast for this w/end hope its wrong luv to both aunty she and john

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb