Our first adventure - putting the blog together!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lincolnshire » Lincoln
November 3rd 2007
Published: November 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well - it doesn't seem to have been a long time from making the decision to spend a year travelling the world to it being a week before we go. As I write this I can hear the early fireworks exploding outside. Carol has the whole of the travelling papers in front of her and I can just see the top of her head.

I have now finished work for a year - many thanks to Xansa (or Steria as we are now) for allowing me to take a sabbatical - much appreciated. Carol and I will of course have to work until we are 109 in order pay for the year. Many thanks as well for the collection from work which I have used to buy my rucksack.

Anyway in the interests of adventure (and to sow that I an technically competent and a completer/finisher!) I am now going to save this and see if it works.

Well it has worked - and Carol says that I have put it very well!!!

It will be interesting to see how long this state of agreement lasts.

The map on the left shows where we are starting our adventure from - that is North Lincolnshire - and I have to say that it will be interesting to see if we find a more tranquil (the children would call it boring) spot on our travels over the next year.

So where are we planning to go in the next year - put simply its 3 months in India (I can hear everyone at work joining in) 3 months in the Far East - Thailand, Loas, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia and Singapore; then Bali for a month, Australia (Great Barrier Reef and Sydney) over to Hawaii, West Coast of the US (Winnebago), fly to Boston and do East Coast and down to New York and Washington, fly to Florida and Disney etc, perhaps the Caribbean, then fly down to Rio and Brazil.

It was interesting to note that we don't do Africa, Europe, Northern Asia, New Zealand or most of South America - because there simply wasn't enough time!

Finally we would like to welcome everyone who checks into this blog especially friends and family - you have all been really kind and very supportive and we will miss you all. However you can keep in touch by sending your messages to us either through this blog or by email to iancarolstaines@hotmail.co.uk.

TaTa for now


Advertisement



3rd November 2007

Cor - it worked!
Well done! Your technical expertise will shock many - they will probably think that it was all Carols work.
6th November 2007

Impressed
Ian, how did you manage that - did you dictate to Jenny over the phone or what! Anyway, not jealous at all, because the cold kills all the bugs and Santa Claus is coming, and you get to wear wooly jumpers - you will miss all those things! Speak soon.
7th November 2007

Have a wonderful time...I am only sorry you are not stopping off in Sharjah on the way!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb