Manchester England England across the atrantic sea ...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lancashire
September 15th 2008
Published: September 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All
Thanks from the return messages it lets us know that we are keeping some of you amused!
Well we had a great time in Edinburgh and set off early.
By the way we tried Haggis and its ok - well Martin thought so !!
We went to see Rosslyn Chapel from the Dan Brown 'Da Vinci Code' book and I have to say that the miracle is the fact that all the money the National Trust are making from the visitors, because of the book, will save this lovely little church and will restore it to original condition after a very bad job was done earlier.
Next to the Falkirk Wheel to see how the Scots move around on the canals. Very interesting as the pictures show.
Then off to see Loch Ness we decided to let Dougie (for you guy who don't know him he's the works mascot) stretch his legs and he wanted to play in the water so how could we say no. He was happy to get out in the fresh air and didn't even turn around to say goodbye.
We didn't see Nessie but had a lovely and very informative trip around the Loch on a beautiful calm day.
Martin just loves driving and after a week on the wrong side of the road in Austria he made up for it over here. We drove from Inverness to Maybole in one day (that's from one side of Scotland to the other.) all on roads where you are lucky enough to get one car though let alone two.
The Scottish Highlands are so beautiful even in the rain, mist and fog.
It was about this time that we heard the news that there had been a fire on the EuroTunnel between Paris and London and knowing Tania was surprising Miles with a day trip to London from Paris for the day (his Birthday) we spend a worrying 3 days trying to contact them. We'll let them tell you that story except to say that they ended up ringing us from New York.
We spent the next day in a fog bound Calzean castle. Lovely place what we could see of it.
We had a funny day yesterday when we decided to visit a little village called Hardraw to look at a waterfall. We arrived there after a long drive through narrow roads with high stone walls, on a very foggy day, to find the road full of cars parked along one side and lots of people getting out. We had to go through the pub to get to the falls so off we went to find that there was a brass band festival happening just infront of the falls. I'll let the photo do the talking ... bless the English.
Cheers for now and thanks again for your emails ... we know we are not alone.
Annemarie and Martin

Sorry guys we are having problems sending photos it would seem the travel blogs server is down we'll send them later.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb