Ellmau / relaxing before the big day


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Wilder Kaiser
September 10th 2008
Published: September 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

What a spa !What a spa !What a spa !

Could there be a better one?
Hi everyone well here we are in Edinburgh and we have finally found an internet cafe that actually works. If you are ever in Edinburgh look it up it in West Bow Street.
Let me tell you about Ellmau ... what can I say ... it was very hard to leave. I found myself looking for places that were for sale and trying to get Miles and Tania to rent the Cafe down the road from the Hotel. The weather could mot have been better or maybe a little less humid would have been good. We only left Ellmau a couple of times for a quick visit to Innsbruck and a couple of the other local villages. With a view like this and the wonderful food and the welcoming people and time to relax why would you go anywhere else.
One day we sat in the spa for nearly 5 hours! We looked a bit wrinkled after. Even Dougie relaxed in the spa! The pool was lovely and so was the steam room (jealous yet?). There were mountains to climb if your name was Miles! Golf to play for Paul, Martin and Jack. But who needs all that when you are
The poolThe poolThe pool

And this was the pool and no there is no one you know in the pool they all hid!
sitting in the spa with the second best view in the world. (correction Ingrid had the power-line put below ground so it should be the best!)
Details of why we were in this lovely place we will leave up to Tania and Miles. Except to say it is something that we will always remember.
We are now in Edinburgh and have seen just about everything that a tourist should see. The pub on every corner in Lieth and even the one that is half in Leith and half in Edinburgh with each half having different closing times and to get to the toilet you had to pass through Edinburgh. The Scots sure know how to tell a yarn!
To day we spent most of the day in the Castle. It started as a lovely day with lots of sunshine but by lunch time the rain had started and it's cold here. We have a great apartment right next to the writers museum and around the corner from the Royal Mile.
We have spent time with Paul and Jo and Jo's friends from when she lived here and have even met up with Jason and Judy. (Paul's friends who are on holidays here for a year.)
We are off tomorrow morning to Inverness and to see if we can find the monster in Loch Ness.
It's Miles' Birthday tomorrow so if you write to him wish him a Happy Birthday.
And in closing for those in the know ... we have not been sucked into a black hole so those of you in Australia should be safe for a while!
Cheers from Annemarie and Martin.


Advertisement



12th September 2008

CONMEX Conference
Submissions for attendance closed 21 July 2008. Bugger!!!

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb